- Looking to start your own adventure and experience some of Australia’s most breathtaking outback scenery? Then look no further!
- Use your experience to make a real difference in Indigenous health & take on a leadership position!
- Fantastic salary $110,851 plus super, accommodation, district allowance, and more
About the Opportunity
KAMS now has a rewarding leadership opportunity for a Remote Health Centre Coordinator to join their multidisciplinary team based in Bidyadanga, WA. This role will be offered on a full-time fixed 6 weeks on, two weeks off roster basis.
In this role, you will be a Remote Area Nurse or an Aboriginal Health Practitioner and will be required to work as part of a multidisciplinary team and be responsible for the delivery of a comprehensive primary health care service within the Bidyadanga Health Centre and surrounding community. This position will also be required to provide management and leadership responsibilities as Acting Health Centre Manager whilst the Health Centre Manager is on leave.
Some of your key responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Lead a multidisciplinary team and coordinate external health service providers to provide a quality and comprehensive primary health care service to the community under the KAMS Model of Care;
- Undertake the day to day operational management, staff supervision (within scope of practice) and coordination of health service delivery at the health centre;
- Manage the operational budget of the health centre in consultation with the Executive Manager, Remote Services to ensure appropriate financial management and reporting of the health centre resources;
- Manage workforce requirements including recruitment, orientation, professional development, probation and performance appraisals, and mandatory training;
Complete clinical audits and reporting activities related to clinical practice and improved patient outcomes;
About the Benefits
KAMS is an organisation that truly values its team, and is committed to improving employee knowledge, skills and experience. These are highly attractive opportunities for someone with a desire to develop their professional knowledge and experience in the area of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health!
There is also a wide range of fantastic additional benefits for the role, including:
- Attractive base salary of $110,851 PLUS Super;
- Accommodation provided whilst in the community;
- District allowance of $2,149(single) and $4,298 (double);
- Isolation airfares of $1,200; and
- 25% of base salary for on call.
Working closely with patients, their families and carers, this is a role where you will witness the direct positive impact you’re making in the community, as part of a close-knit KAMS team. You will be continually recognised for your dedication and hard work!
To be successful in this role, you will be a Registered Nurse and hold AHPRA registration. You will also have previous experience in a similar role and demonstrated knowledge and experience in the delivery of comprehensive primary health care, including emergency care.
The successful candidate will have excellent leadership and management skills and a strong understanding of cultural safety including a commitment to the principles of Aboriginal community control of health services.
KAMS is looking for an individual with highly developed interpersonal, communication, and report writing skills with the ability to communicate effectively with Aboriginal people.
While not essential, candidates with previous experience working within Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations will be held in high regard.
Please note: Successful candidates must have a current “C” class manual driver’s licence, ability to travel by road and/or small planes as required, and willingness to undergo a National Police and Working with Children Check prior to employment with KAMS.
About the Organisation
Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services LTD (KAMS) is a well-established regional Aboriginal community controlled health service, founded in 1986, which provides centralised advocacy and resource support for 6 independent member services, as well as providing direct clinical services in a further 6 remote Aboriginal communities across the region.
KAMS has successfully delivered high-quality, accessible comprehensive primary health care services over its 30 years of operation and has provided innovation and national leadership in areas such as health information management and evidence-based best practice in primary health care.
The Kimberley region is located in the northern part of Western Australia and covers about 421,000 square kilometres. The Kimberley has only three towns with a population of more than 2,000 (Broome, Derby and Kununurra), and the total population is around 37,000. In addition to the sealed Route 1 which runs along the southern part of the area, the unsealed Gibb River Road runs through the heart of the region from Derby to the highway near Kununurra. Access to much of the region is by dirt road, air or sea.
Please note: People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills, advance your career and enhance your cultural knowledge in stunning outback locations. Make a positive difference — Apply Now!