- Flinders and Upper North Local Health Network, Roxby Downs Health Services
- Salary: $94,583 – $101,120 p.a (pro rata) – Temporary P/T (38 hours per fortnight) – RN/RM2A
Working as the Community Midwife, you will provide services within Country Health Connect, including antenatal and postnatal care to women in the Roxby Downs region and support local GP’s and visiting obstetrician. You will have a broad level of knowledge which has been consolidated by experience and/or further study with staff at this level developing from competent to proficient practitioners. You will accept accountability for your own practice standards, activities delegated to others and the guidance and development of less experienced staff and provide support to the Nursing/Midwifery Nurse/Midwife Unit Manager or equivalent in the leadership of nurses/midwives in the ward/unit/service.
Employees in this role will undertake a portfolio within which they will:
- Promote continuity and consistency of care in collaboration with other AN/MUM and the Nurse/Midwife Unit Manager or equivalent;
- Assist the Nurse/Midwife Unit Manager or equivalent in the implementation of practice changes; and
- Assist the Nurse/Midwife Unit Manager or equivalent in undertaking ward/unit/service management responsibilities, e.g. Performance management processes, recruitment, staffing, leave management, rostering, work allocation and attendance management; financial and supplies planning and monitoring.
This is a part time vacancy, working 38 hours per fortnight and salary will be adjusted according to actual hours worked.
Benefits of the role:
- Great team environment
- Close knit community
- Supportive management
- Direct links with the Midwifery Unit at Port Augusta Hospital for professional support and skills refresh
In addition to the annual salary package we also offer salary sacrifice benefits, employer superannuation contributions and leave loading.
You must be registered or eligible for registration as a Midwife with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia and who holds, or is eligible to hold, a current practicing certificate.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Screening/Check and specific immunisation requirements. COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement under the Emergency Management (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination) (COVID-19) Directions 2021 to work in SA Health/health care setting.
Suitably qualified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply and will be given preference as a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and sections 34(2) and 56(2) of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (SA).
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Applications close: 15 May 2022
For further information and to apply visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/careers and search for Job Ref: 791476