- Flinders & Upper North Local Health Network – Whyalla Hospital – Inpatient Mental Health Unit
- Total Indicative Remuneration: $102,503 – $109,521 pa – Ongoing F/T – RNM2A
- Provide nursing services in a variety of mental health service settings which has been consolidated by experience and/or further study with staff at this level developing from competent to proficient practitioners.
- Accepts accountability for their own practice standards, activities delegated to others and the guidance and development of less experienced staff.
- Provide support to the Nurse Unit Manager or equivalent in the leadership of nurses in the ward/unit/service.
- Employees in this role will undertake a portfolio within which they will:
- Promote continuity and consistency of care in collaboration with other Associate Nurse Unit Managers and the Nurse Unit Manager or equivalent;
- Assist the Nurse Unit Manager in contributing to the delivery of a comprehensive and integrated range of evidenced based, recovery oriented services across the multi-disciplinary Local Health Network (LHN) Mental Health (MH) service appropriate to the needs of the consumer and the local community; and
- Assist the Nurse Unit Manager or equivalent in undertaking ward/unit/service management responsibilities e.g. Performance management processes, recruitment, staffing, leave management, rostering, work allocation and attendance management; financial and supplies planning and monitoring.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and compliant immunisation screening.
Suitably qualified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply and will be given preference as a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and sections 34(2) and 56(2) of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (SA). Job Ref: 759319
For more information about the role please refer to the Job Pack provided below
Applications close: 11 June 2021
For further information and to apply visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/careers and search for Job Ref: 759139