- Northern Adelaide Local Health Network – Lyell McEwin Hospital, Elizabeth Vale & Modbury Hospital, Modbury
- Total Indicative Remuneration: $129,187 – $136,739 p.a. (pro-rata) – RN/M3A Permanent Part Time – 22.8 Hours p/w
In this role, you will use your clinical knowledge and experience to provide support services to both Nurse/Midwife Unit Managers and Nursing Directors in nursing/midwifery practice and services in areas including but not limited to staffing methodologies, recruitment and selection, human resource management, financial administration, patient flow, bed and resource management, accreditation and risk management processes and information systems management.
Employees in this role accept accountability for the outcomes of nursing/midwifery management practices, for addressing inconsistencies between practice and policy; and for contributing to a safe and positive work culture in the interest of patient/client outcomes. Individual employees accept accountability for their specific span of control or allocated portfolio.
Various practice models may be used to enact this role, including but not limited to:
- Providing management support to a specific span of wards/units/programs/service;
- Providing management support in a specific work portfolio/s;
- Coordinating and managing projects, programs and/or research to achieve improved patient/client outcomes and/or service delivery;
- Provides after hours oversight and management of the health service including staff allocation, operational management of patient/client flow and access, professional responsibility for nursing and midwifery staff, staffing skills mix, work health and safety responsibilities and significant events in consultation with the executive on call.
The Duty Nurse Coordinator works across multiple sites of the Northern Adelaide Local Health Network (NALHN). The Duty Nurse Coordinator use their clinical and operational knowledge and experience to provide support to services and staff across NALHN.
After hours, the Duty Nurse Coordinator is the senior nurse on duty for operational management of the health services and reports directly to the Executive on call (as required).
To be eligible for this position you must be registered or eligible for registration as a Nurse/Midwife with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia and who holds, or who is eligible to hold, a current practicing certificate.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time.
Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply. Job Ref: 763782
Applications close: 23 July 2021
For further information and to apply visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/careers and search for Job Ref: 763782