- Northern Adelaide Local Health Network – Lyell McEwin & Modbury Hospitals – Elizabeth Vale & Modbury
- Total Indicative Remuneration: $79,078 – $108,628 p.a. (pro rata) – RN/RM1 – Temporary Part-Time – 20 hours per week – Up Until 13 May 2022
As a Registered Nurse you will provide nursing services in health service settings. Employees working within this level develop from novice practitioners to a proficient level of professional practice. In this role you will consolidate knowledge and skills and develop in capability through continuous professional development and experience. As a Registered Nurse you will accept accountability for your own standards of nursing/midwifery care and for activities delegated to others.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assess individual patient/client needs, plan, implement and/or coordinate appropriate service delivery from a range of accepted options including other disciplines or agencies.
- Provide direct person centred nursing/midwifery care and/or individual case management to patients/clients on a shift by shift basis in a defined clinical area with increasing autonomy over time.
- Plan and coordinate services with other disciplines or agencies in providing individual health care needs
- Participate in quality improvement activities that contribute to patient/client safety, risk minimisation and safe work activities within the practice setting.
- Provide ward/team leader/coordination as required on a shift by shift basis. (A team leader is a RN assigned responsibility for supporting staff and coordinating patient/client care).
- Contribute to procedures for effectively dealing with people exhibiting challenging behaviours.
To be eligible for this position, you will be registered or eligible for registration as a Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia and hold, or be eligible to hold, a current practicing certificate. Highly desirable is for the successful candidate to have qualifications relevant to speciality/clinical area.
COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement under the Emergency Management (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination) (COVID-19) Directions 2021 to work in SA Health/health care setting.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply. Job Ref: 777322
Applications close: 10 December 2021
For further information and to apply visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/careers and search for Job Ref: 777322