- Northern Adelaide Local Health Network, Modbury Hospital – Palliative Care
- Total Indicative Remuneration: $129,187 – $136,739 p.a (pro-rata) – RN/M3; – Temporary Part-Time – 32 hrs p/wk (Up Until 30 June 2022)
The Nurse Consultant will provide clinical nursing/midwifery expertise for specified individual patients/clients and/or groups/populations, and/or provide clinical leadership for an area of practice, and may work in a variety of clinical settings. In this role you are experts within your area and stream of practice and have a significant degree of autonomy and decision making.
Various practice models may be used to enact this role, including but not limited to:
- Primarily providing nursing/midwifery care;
- Providing clinical leadership to nurses/midwives;
- Nurse Practitioner Candidate: Nurses classified at this level are working towards becoming an expert and being able to provide extended practice in their specialist field, within their scope of practice. They develop their capacity for extended practice by increasing their knowledge and skills through ongoing clinical exposure, post graduate qualifications and mentoring, with supervision by an authorised nurse practitioner and/or medical staff.
The successful incumbent will accept accountability for their nursing/midwifery practice, the outcomes of nursing/midwifery practices for the specific patient/client group, the professional advice given, delegations of care made and for addressing inconsistencies between practice and policy.
Essential Minimum Requirements –
Registered or eligible for registration as a Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia and who holds, or who is eligible to hold, a current practicing certificate.
Please note: previous applicants need not apply.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply. Job Ref: 763534
Applications close: 16 July 2021
For further information and to apply visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/careers and search for Job Ref: 763534