- Yorke and Northern Local Health Network, Clare
- Total Indicative Remuneration: $103,873 – $131,437 p.a – Ongoing Full Time – RN/M2A, RN/M3
RN/M2A – Provide nursing services in a variety of mental health service settings which has been consolidated by experience and/or further study with staff at this level developing from competent to proficient practitioners.
Accepts accountability for their own practice standards, activities delegated to others and the guidance and development of less experienced staff.
Provide support to the Nurse Unit Manager or equivalent in the leadership of nurses in the ward/unit/service.
- Employees in this role will undertake a portfolio within which they will: Promote continuity and consistency of care in collaboration with other Associate Nurse Unit Managers and the Nurse Unit Manager or equivalent;
- Assist the Nurse Unit Manager in contributing to the delivery of a comprehensive and integrated range of evidenced based, recovery oriented services across the multi-disciplinary Local Health Network (LHN) Mental Health (MH) service appropriate to the needs of the consumer and the local community; and
- Assist the Nurse Unit Manager or equivalent in undertaking ward/unit/service management responsibilities e.g. Performance management processes, recruitment, staffing, leave management, rostering, work allocation and attendance management; financial and supplies planning and monitoring.
RN/M3 – Employees classified at this level provide clinical nursing expertise to contribute to the improvement of high quality, safe mental health services and provides clinical and consultancy services that support the recovery of mental health consumers across community, acute and rehabilitation service settings.
Employees classified at this level are experts within their area and stream of practice and have a significant degree of autonomy and decision making.
Various practice models may be used to enact this role, including but not limited to:
- Primarily providing expert mental health nursing care;
- Providing clinical leadership to nurses; and
- Coordination and leadership of projects and/or programs that contribute clinical expertise to improve consumer/service outcomes.
Employees in this role accept accountability for their mental health nursing practice, the outcomes of nursing practices for the specific consumer group, the professional advice given, delegations of care made and for addressing inconsistencies between practice and policy.
Must be registered or eligible for registration as a Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia and who holds, or who is eligible to hold, a current practicing certificate. Holds a Graduate Diploma in Mental Health Nursing (or equivalent).
Please note that this position is multi-classed as either a RM/M2A or RN/M3 and classification will be determined on qualifications and experience.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Screening/Check and specific immunisation requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement under the Emergency Management (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination) (COVID-19) Directions 2021 to work in SA Health/health care setting.
Suitably qualified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply and will be given preference as a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and sections 34(2) and 56(2) of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (SA).
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Applications close: 27 January 2022
For further information and to apply visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/careers and search for Job Ref: 781536