About the Role
As the Director, Health Strategy and Partnerships you will support the University to achieve key objectives and targets within our Horizon 2025 strategy by delivering outcomes and impact through collaboration with industry, business, government and other external organisations. This key role will lead the development of a health partnership and health placement strategy and be integral in developing partnerships with health services and industry partners to facilitate Swinburne’s health expansion.
Collaborating closely with the Dean and Associate Deans, the Director will work to identify and foster strategic opportunities in the health sciences portfolio. In this role you will drive excellence in health collaborations within the School, University and wider community, cultivating robust partnerships with external health providers to enhance opportunities for student and staff placements, joint projects and funded research.
We strongly encourage industry practitioners, clinicians and professional staff who have experience with business development, operations and clinical placements, to apply. This is a newly developed opportunity for an ambitious individual who aspires to create a legacy.
To be suitable for this role you will need to have experience in the below key accountabilities:
- Expertise and in-depth experiences in the health services sector
- Outstanding track record in leading high performing, multi-disciplinary teams and academic leadership of a hospital, centre or program.
- Demonstrated links with the wider discipline research community, related health service organisations, peak bodies and ability to develop external partnerships for the benefit of accredited placements.
- Ability to initiate, develop and foster collaborative outcomes in interdisciplinary and multi-disciplinary settings and liaise with industry, business and the professions to undertake high impact, externally funded projects.
An earned doctoral qualification in a field relevant to health sciences, or equivalent.
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne Horizon 2025 draws upon our understanding of future challenges. With this new strategic plan, we choose to build Swinburne as the prototype of a new and different university – one that is truly of Technology, of Innovation and of Entrepreneurship, and proud of it. We are committed to a differentiated university proposition in education and research, so that:
- Every Swinburne learner gets a work experience
- Every Swinburne graduate gets a job
- Every Swinburne partner gets a tech solution
- Swinburne is the prototype of global best practice
The achievement of our 2025 moon shots depends on our capacity to work collectively, always, as One Swinburne.
Diversity and Inclusion
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation, and we are proud of our commitment to equity and inclusion through key initiatives. For further information on all our initiatives visit our equity and diversity website
We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements please contact Maree Norden, Diversity & Inclusion Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
For any support please contact our Aboriginal Employment Coordinator at DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au or for more information on our Indigenous strategies please follow the link to our RAP Reconciliation Action Plan
Please submit your CV and cover letter addressing why you believe you are suitable for this position.
For further information about this role and to review the position description; please click apply or click onto it at the bottom of the advert.
Applications Close: Sunday, 21 August 2022 at 5pm
Swinburne offers flexible working options, leave and parenting/carer policies to support work life balance.