Beaufort and Skipton Health Service is a rural health service that provides urgent care, community health, medical services, acute care and residential aged care in integrated units at Beaufort and Skipton. We have positions at both our Beaufort and Skipton campuses.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Registered Nurse. The Registered Nurse is responsible for the total care of the patient and resident, including physical and mental wellbeing and safety, as well as for the management and co-ordination of staff, being at all times mindful of following orders or recommendations of the Director of Clinical Services and Medical Practitioners. The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing individualized person centered care, on a day-to-day basis and practices according to their own level of educational preparedness and competence.
Key requirements include:
· Demonstrated clinical knowledge and skill in relation to nursing care, relevant to experience and scope of practice.
· Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a member of team and as part of a multidisciplinary health care team
· Well-developed interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate professionally and effectively with patients and colleagues.
· Demonstrated flexibility to adapt to unexpected changes.
· Demonstrated strong self-management skills.
· Good understanding and adherence to the principles underpinning person centred care.
· Division 1 Nurse with current Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
There are many benefits to working with Beaufort and Skipton Health Service, including:
· attractive salaries in line with relevant awards and certified agreements
· excellent salary packaging
· training and professional development opportunities
· staff health and well-being incentives, including free flu injections
· a lifestyle and family-friendly workplace; breast-feeding friendly
· diverse work environment with multi-disciplinary teams
· modern and bright work spaces
· flexible working hours where possible
· quit smoking initiatives
· employee assistance program
To obtain a copy of the position description please go to our website www.bshs.org.au
About Beaufort and Skipton Health Services