Department of Health
Mental Health Short Stay Unit
Our new Mental Health Short Stay Unit are looking for Registered Nurses with a special interest in providing acute care in a mental health setting. As part of a multidisciplinary team, work collaboratively with the Emergency Department to deliver dedicated mental health care to consumers requiring a brief admission.
- Do you have experience in Mental Health?
- Desire to develop your skills and knowledge in emergency mental health care?
- Have an interest in providing compassionate health care in a mental health setting?
We are recruiting Mental Health Nurses for an exciting expansion and redesign of Mental Health Services in the Hobart region. New services include integrated care hubs provided in collaboration with our community sector partners, and a dedicated short stay unit for those presenting to the Emergency Department. The new Mental Health Short Stay Unit provides specialised care in an acute mental health setting. We will be rolling out the Connecting with People approach, and launching a new acute care team, including nurses and other health care professionals. There are multiple positions across the new ward to be filled.
Hobart, the capital city of Tasmania, offers a high standard of living and an exceptional quality of life where you are never more than ten minutes away from a breath-taking coastline, national park or award-winning restaurant or bar. Whether you are a young single looking to hike some world class trails and enjoy the arts and wine scene or a family seeking a sense of community, short commutes, and fresh clean air, Hobart is for you.
Location: Mental Health Short Stay Unit – Royal Hobart Hospital
- Salary packaging including meal entertainment and novated leasing
- Generous shift penalty rates
- Post-graduate allowances
- Family friendly workplace
Period of Employment: Permanent, full-time and part-time, shift work (fully rotational), working up to 76 hours per fortnight commencing as soon as possible. Please note there are multiple positions across the services.
As part of a multidisciplinary team delivering high quality mental health services in accordance with the Statewide Mental Health Services Strategic Plan, Mental Health Service principles, National Mental Health Standards, Agency policy, legal requirements and relevant professional competencies, the Registered Nurse will:
- Undertake the delivery of nursing care to consumers based on best practice principles, person centred, recovery orientated and trauma informed care, within a collaborative and multi-disciplinary framework.
- Provide care to all consumers of the service, which includes comprehensive biopsychosocial assessments, active, therapeutic engagement, monitoring and review of mental state and response to treatments, ongoing psychotherapeutic work using a range of modalities and techniques, within a Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT).
- Participate in the development and revision of organisational documentation and policies and procedures relating to nursing based best practice and the model of care.
To apply for this role, please go to www.jobs.tas.gov.au. Applicants are asked to address the selection criteria within the Statement of Duties. Please click the blue Apply Now button to submit your application.