Department of Health
Mental Health – South
Royal Hobart Hospital
We are recruiting Mental Health Nurses for an exciting expansion and redesign of Mental Health Services in the Hobart region. New services include integrated care hubs provided in collaboration with our community sector partners, drawing on the Safe Haven Café and Recovery College models, a dedicated short stay unit for those presenting to the Emergency Department and new community-based beds. We are enhancing our response to suicidal distress and acute needs, rolling out the Connecting with People approach, and launching a new acute care team. There are multiple vacancies available across these services.
Hobart, the capital city of Tasmania, offers a high standard of living and an exceptional quality of life where you are never more than ten minutes away from a breath-taking coastline, national park or award-winning restaurant or bar. Whether you are a young single looking to hike some world class trails and enjoy the arts and wine scene or a family seeking a sense of community, short commutes, and fresh clean air, Hobart is for you.
Location: Mental Health Services – Royal Hobart Hospital
- Salary packaging including meal entertainment and novated leasing
- Generous shift penalty rates
- Post-graduate allowances
- Family friendly workplace
Period of Employment: Permanent, full-time and part-time, shift work (fully rotational), working up to 76 hours per fortnight commencing as soon as possible. Please note there are multiple positions across the services.
As part of a multidisciplinary team delivering high quality mental health services in accordance with the Statewide Mental Health Services Strategic Plan, Mental Health Service principles, National Mental Health Standards, Agency policy, legal requirements and relevant professional competencies, the Registered Nurse will:
- Undertake the delivery of nursing care to consumers based on best practice principles, person centred, recovery orientated and trauma informed care, within a collaborative and multi-disciplinary framework.
- Provide care to all consumers of the service, which includes comprehensive biopsychosocial assessments, active, therapeutic engagement, monitoring and review of mental state and response to treatments, ongoing psychotherapeutic work using a range of modalities and techniques, within a Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT).
- Participate in the development and revision of organisational documentation and policies and procedures relating to nursing based best practice and the model of care.
To apply for this role, please go to www.jobs.tas.gov.au. Applicants are asked to address the selection criteria within the Statement of Duties. Please click the blue Apply Now button to submit your application.