- Help empower local people to live the life they love!
- Work in Dover, Tasmania – A quaint fishing village only an hours drive from Hobart!
- Salary circa $54,000 – $61,000 plus super and salary packaging. All experience levels welcome!
About Huon Regional Care
– Life. Just the way you love it. –
Providing Tasmanians with the care, dignity and respect they deserve has been Huon Regional Care’s purpose for the last 50 years, and it’s what they do best.
With three dedicated care centres across the Huon Valley Region in Southern Tasmania, in Franklin, Dover and Nubeena, and a home care service to match, the strong reputation they continue to have with locals throughout the area is a testament to their sustained success.
Specialising in Home Care, Residential Care and Respite Care, across a team of experienced health professionals, Huon Regional Care is well equipped to ensure that local people are empowered to continue to live their life, just the way they love it.
About the Opportunity
Huon Regional Care currently has multiple opportunities for Enrolled Nurses to join their small Dover Residential Home Care Centre in Dover, Tasmania on either a full-time or flexible part-time basis.
Reporting to the Registered Nurse on shift, you will be responsible for providing the highest standard of nursing care to residents in accordance with Huon Regional Care’s Promise, Purpose and Values.
More specifically, your day-to-day duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Working within the scope of practice to deliver direct and comprehensive nursing care while adhering to accreditation standards and regulatory compliance;
- Facilitating resident/service user medication management based on care plans, policies and professional protocols;
- Making nursing and care decisions based on sound clinical judgement, elevating situations to the RN where appropriate;
- Developing and modifying nursing care plans to meet individual needs and encouraging family member/representative involvement in care planning; and
- Participating in hands-on nursing as required.
Please Note: Successful applicants will be working on a rotating weekly roster consisting of a combination of morning (6:45am-2:15pm), afternoon/evening (2:15pm-10:15pm), and night shifts (10:00pm-7:00am). To be considered, you must have a current National Police Clearance and Flu Vaccination prior to commencing employment.
To be considered for this position, you will have current AHPRA registration as an Enrolled Nurse, with relevant qualifications.
While previous experience in an Aged Care setting would help you transition quickly into the role, Huon Regional Care has comprehensive training processes in place meaning that recent graduates are welcome to apply.
Over and above your qualifications/registration, you will have genuine respect for and desire to help elderly patients live a dignified and empowered life while under your care. In this light, you will value integrity and demonstrate accountability in your work, while being a team player and contributing to a culture that is based around clear and open communication, peer-to-peer learning processes and overall collaboration.
Moreover, you will be a flexible and dynamic individual, capable of working across a multitude of shifts in accordance with organisational need, while also having the confidence to assume a multifaceted role where you will be tasked with a broad spectrum of Enrolled Nursing duties while on shift.
Please Note: Due to the Centre being located an hour from Hobart, it would be ideal for successful applicants to have a current Driver’s Licence and access to a reliable vehicle.
About the Benefits
If you’re looking for the support of a longstanding organisation, the chance to expand your skills and assume a broad range of responsibilities as one of the only Enrolled Nurses on shift in a smaller Residential Care Facility, while working in a picturesque location an hour from Hobart, Huon Regional Care has you covered.
In return for your dedicated care and commitment, you will receive a competitive salary circa $54,000 (for recent graduates) to $61,000 (for experienced EN’s), plus super and a range of benefits, including:
- Salary packaging options to reduce your tax and greatly increase your take-home pay;
- Support for career development and external professional training;
- Comprehensive induction training to help set you up for success;
- Plenty of support from senior management and the ability to learn from key players in the clinical space; and
- The ability to experience a lifestyle destination, with stunning scenery and an expanding population.
Huon Regional Care care strongly values culture fit, and if the ability to help shape a person’s end of life experiences is something that drives and motivates you – Apply Now!
One of Australia’s southernmost towns, Dover, as the last stop on the way to the dramatic landscapes of Tasmania’s Heritage-listed southwestern wilderness, is a quaint seaside village full of secluded beaches, pastoral scenery and plenty of local produce, including apple orchards and fresh Atlantic salmon. Visiting the area, you could be forgiven for getting lost in the abundance of old-world charm, so much so that you’d forget it’s only an hours drive south of Hobart.
Nestled in the Huon Valley Region, Dover itself has plenty of comfortable infrastructure for locals and visitors alike, where you’ll be treated to local seafood at one of the restaurants in town, and be set up with the perfect base for exploring the south-west Tasmanian Wilderness, including the thick rainforests of the Hartz Mountains National Parks, and the nearby Hastings Caves and Thermal Springs.