- Outstanding opportunity for a Registered Nurse to provide direct care and support to people with disabilities!
- Highly rewarding and autonomous role with a well-established not-for-profit organisation!
- Attractive hourly rate circa $35 – $45 plus super and salary packaging options!
About the Organisation
Greystanes Disability Services has been delivering person-centred services throughout the Blue Mountains and nearby regions since 1958. A not-for-profit organisation, they support people with disabilities to make choices and decisions about their lives and to take part in meaningful, everyday activities.
Offering an in-home support service, day programs, and supported accommodation, they provide high quality support to people with multiple disabilities and complex health needs, so that they may participate fully in their local community.
About the Opportunity
Greystanes Disability Services is currently looking for a qualified Registered Nurse to join their team on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Manager Community Services, this is a highly autonomous role that will see you delivering quality, person-centred nursing care, interventions and treatment to people with disabilities, as well as providing on-the-job advice and support to nursing and non-nursing staff as required.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include (but may not be limited to):
- Monitoring immediate and ongoing/projected health needs, making recommendations for further assessment or interventions if required;
- Working closely with the management, colleagues and external health services to ensure currency of evidenced-based practices;
- Providing health-related information and advice over the phone as required;
- Supporting the rights of people with disabilities and their families, and advocating on their behalf;
- Assisting with the Case management as well as the review and development of relevant policies and procedures;
- Providing accurate and up-to-date reports and documentation to the Manager Community Services;
- Delivering urgent care such as PEG replacement as part of the Call Out service, to avoid unnecessary and distressing transfer to hospital; and
- Visiting people in their homes to provide quality nursing care, interventions and treatments
To be considered you will hold current registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse (Div. 1), with a minimum of 2 years demonstrated post graduate experience as a Registered Nurse.
Applicants must be willing to work a range of shifts including one weekend each fortnight.
You’ll have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team, confident and comfortable in making decisions and providing advice to other staff members on relevant health matters. With excellent interpersonal and communication skills, you’ll have no problem building strong relationships with staff, residents, families and other stakeholders. Previous experience in the disability field is desirable but not essential as we provide on-going training and support to successful applicants.
Importantly, you’ll be genuinely passionate about providing person-centred care and supporting people with disabilities to communicate, engage and exercise choice and decision-making.
Please Note: You will need to hold a valid Driver’s Licence (Minimum P2 Class C) and be willing to undertake a NDIS Worker Check.
About the Benefits
This is a rare opportunity to join an well-established, not-for-profit organisation that is committed to facilitating better understanding and inclusion of people with disabilities.
Your hard work and dedication will be rewarded with a competitive hourly rate circa $35 – $45 an hour (commensurate with qualifications and experience) PLUS super and salary packaging options up to $15,900! A company vehicle is available for any work travel.
Working autonomously, you’ll get the chance to plan your own day whilst benefiting from the ongoing support of a close-knit and highly experienced team.
Expand your nursing skills with a passionate not-for-profit, and help support people with disabilities to live a meaningful life in their community – Apply Now!
Please note that the successful candidate will need to have the right to work in Australia.