- Long Contracts on offer – End date June 2025!
- Relocation expenses covered: Airfares, Transport from Airport, Temporary Accommodation up to 30 days, Meal Allowance, Removalist expenses and Insurance
- Flexible working arrangements – Working from Home, flexible start times
- Are you passionate about improving the quality of life for people living with Dementia? At HammondCare you can be part of the solution.
HammondCare are the leaders in aged and dementia care, we seek to improve the quality of life for people in need through palliative care, rehabilitation and mental health services for older people.
About the role:
If you are looking for a job that will help to crystallise your clinical experience and challenge yourself in a different setting, look no further!
The role is a long term full-time opportunity, which involves providing knowledge, skill and advice on matters relating to excellent dementia care in both clinical and non-clinical matters. No two days are the same and the job will enable you to work with varied stakeholders, through different mediums and at different locations.
As a Dementia Consultant, you will:
- Provide dementia specific expert consulting and advisory services within and outside of HammondCare.
- Delivery of the Dementia Support Australia (DSA) service, that includes assessment, case management, supporting, mentoring and modelling to reduce the impact of behaviours on people living with dementia, their carers and staff.
- Access current evidence-based guidance and knowledge ensure it is aligned with the Dementia Centre and utilise to inform all activities in the role.
- Be part of the larger, national Dementia Centre Team. You are expected to participate, contribute and learn as part of the Dementia Centre team in team meetings, professional supervision and team activities.
The main requirement for the role is prior experience creating person centric care plans for people living with Dementia. We would consider people from an Allied Health, Nursing, Aged Care or Mental Health background.
- Expertise in supporting people living with dementia
- Experience in Australian residential aged care
- High level of communication and relationship building skills
- Problem solving and decision-making skills relevant to the aged and dementia care context
- A current Australian drivers licence
- Willingness to travel on occasions when needed, in line with demands.
- Empathy and patience.
- Flexible work arrangements – 1-2 days in the office, 3-4 days assessing clients. It would be ideal if you had the ability/set up at home for working from home days
- We have referrals across New South Wales and set the referrals up to be as close to your home as possible
- Competitive salaries
- Accredited dementia specific training & career development opportunities
- Corporate Benefits – Reduced Healthcare memberships, reduced gym memberships etc. Too many to list, but available on our website.
For more info check out our website: www.hammond.com.au/careers
Informative video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq7HMH1cyc8
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
All short-listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check.