- Are you a Dialysis Registered Nurse with AHPRA registration that has strong management experience?
- Enjoy an attractive base salary circa $113,423, plus a range of great benefits!
- 5 weeks leave per year, giving you time to explore the magnificent sights of the Kimberley region.
Kimberley Renal Service (KRS), as part of the larger Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services Ltd (KAMS), is an organisation that truly values its team and is committed to improving employee knowledge, skills and experience. This is a highly attractive opportunity for people interested in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health to make a real difference in local communities.
Renal Health Centres within the organisation include a Dialysis Service which is managed by the Clinical Nurse Specialist and a Chronic Kidney Disease Prevention Team which is managed by the Integrated Services Manager. Both these positions report directly to the Centre Renal Services Manager.
The Clinical Nurse Specialist manages the dialysis clinical team and coordinates the dialysis care for patients.
For your hard work and dedication to this role, you will receive:
- An attractive base salary circa $113,423
- Accommodation Allowance of $13,000 or Subsidised accommodation if available;
- Relocation assistance available;
- Annual airfare; and
- Generous 5 weeks of leave per year, giving you time to explore the magnificent sights of the Kimberley region!
These roles offer significant training and career development opportunities within the Kimberley Renal Service and the larger Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services.
People who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are encouraged to apply.
Your New Career Awaits!
Kimberley Renal Service has an opportunity for a Dialysis Registered Nurse with AHPRA registration who has strong management experience to join our dedicated teams working in our centres in the Kimberley region of Western Australia. These vital roles will see the successful candidates overseeing the clinical management of our centres, located in Broome, Kununurra, and Derby.
You will oversee all aspects of the clinical services provided in our centres which include but are not limited to
- Management and coordination of the dialysis team
- Provision of dialysis to patients
- Review and development of Kimberley Renal Service policies and procedures inline with current nursing standards and accreditations
- Creating and management of patient files and treatment notes, ensuring these are kept in accordance with the relevant legislation and regulations
- Managing training and professional development of the dialysis team
The Kimberley Renal Services offers exciting career and development opportunities.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Significant, proven experience in renal dialysis nursing and management in a nursing environment
- Nursing Qualification and registration with AHPRA
- Full Covid Vaccination (3 doses)
- Federal Police Clearance
About the Organisation
The successful applicant will be employed by KAMS.
KAMS is a well-established regional Aboriginal community-controlled health service, founded in 1986, which provides centralised advocacy and resource support for 6 independent member services, as well as providing direct clinical services in a further 6 remote Aboriginal communities across the region.
Kimberley Renal Services (KRS) includes 4 Renal Health Centres based in Fitzroy Crossing, Broome, Kununurra, and Derby and a mobile prevention unit.
The incidence of Kidney Disease in the Kimberley is one of the highest in Australia. Chronic Kidney disease (CKD) and End-Stage Kidney Disease (ESKD) incidence within the Aboriginal population of the Kimberley greatly exceeds the national burden of disease. Dialysis prevalence in this region has more than tripled in the last decade and is increasing at a much faster rate than in the rest of Western Australia (WA).
KRS and the regional Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services (ACCHS) have developed a renal strategic plan to help combat this health crisis. This has enabled many patients to return to the Kimberley from Perth, which is 2,500kms away, to receive their treatment.
About the Kimberley Region
The Kimberley region is located in the northern part of Western Australia and covers about 421,000 square kilometres. The Kimberley has only three towns with a population of more than 2,000 (Broome, Derby and Kununurra), and the total population is around 37,000. In addition to the sealed Route 1, which runs along the southern part of the area, the unsealed Gibb River Road runs through the heart of the region from Derby to the highway near Kununurra. Access to much of the region is by dirt road, air or sea.
Industries in the region have included pearling (a big industry in Broome for many years until the 1940s), mining (including the Argyle Diamond mine, which began operation in 1983 and is still producing about 1/3 of the world’s diamonds), agriculture (centred on the Ord River Irrigation Area near Lake Argyle) and tourism. The geology of the area is varied and fascinating, as well as producing some spectacular scenery.