Registered Nurses for North Queensland
Work type: Permanent Full Time and Part Time Opportunities
Remuneration: Hourly Rate $37.23 – $47.84
About the role
With our Australian and State Borders preparing to open Mater warmly welcome experienced Registered Nurses nationally and internationally to join our Private Hospitals in Townsville, North Queensland.
Nurses are essential to the delivery of quality care in our regional hospitals, and we value the diversity of experience and culture you bring.
Whether you are looking for a brand-new life for you and your family, or a working holiday adventure on the other side of the world, Mater may be able to help you achieve your dreams.
Our Regional Centre – a lifestyle for everyone
Located in Townsville, there is something for all of the family, with career opportunities rising across all industries in our thriving regional centres and with access to world class education facilities, health care, affordable housing and living, impressive events and entertainment, sporting and outdoor recreation options.
What you’ll be doing
As a Registered Nurse you will provide quality care to patients with particular consideration to their physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
Current in demand specialties include:
- Theatre (scrub/scout)
- Theatre – all specialities
- Day Procedures, including Cath Lab
- Critical Care (ICU/CCU)
- Experienced Registered Nurses – various ward-based nursing specialties
- Experience Registered Nurses seeking a career path in leadership, leadership opportunities
Specific Leadership Roles:
- Business & Nurse Manager Theatres, Perioperative Services, Townsville
- Business & Nurse Manager Critical Care Wards, Townsville
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Registered Nurse registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
- At least 3 years’ nursing experience within a hospital.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate patient care and competency in clinical problem solving.
- Available to work across multiple shifts.
- Demonstrated competency in written and verbal communications and the ability to maintain accurate clinical and assessment data.
- Commitment to Mater’s Mission and Values and patient-centred care.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, compassion, integrity and enthusiastic commitment, you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research. Working together as part of a larger team, you will help support Mater to improve the health of the community, empowering people to live better lives through improved health and wellbeing.
In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the Spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take home pay with our salary packaging options, support towards ongoing professional development, access to fitness passport, and many other benefits not offered at other workplaces.
For more information, please contact Raelene Eves, Director of People & Culture, on +61747274557.
As an ethical and moral imperative, and exhibiting our values, especially to honour human life, Mater has mandated COVID-19 vaccination as a conditional requirement of employment for all staff. Proof of vaccination (MyGov Medicare Vaccination Certificate or Medical Certificate) will be required as a pre-commencement requirement.
The current advertising campaign will remain open until Friday 21 January 2022. Please note we will be reviewing and contacting applicants prior to closing date so please ensure you submit your application as soon as possible.