Mental Health Clinician, Stepped Care: Wellness and Mind Care for Older Adults
- Community based mental health and wellness support
- Outreach throughout Melbourne’s North and West
- One-on-one and group work
- Blended service delivery, F2F and telehealth
- Small, supportive team
- Flexible working arrangements
- Part Time (2-3 days per week), Fixed Term to 30 June 2022
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
Your new role
As a Mental Health Clinician, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering recovery focused, client-centred, evidence-based psychosocial therapies and targeted interventions appropriate to the needs of older adults
- Timely and responsive clinical triage
- Clinical care coordination, holistic assessment, goal directed care planning and referrals to holistically support health and wellbeing
- Groups development and facilitation
What you’ll need to succeed
We’re looking for individuals from a variety of clinical and educational backgrounds with:
- Approved Degree in Nursing, Clinical Psychology, Social Work, or Occupational Therapy, with professional registration with the relevant registration body
- Ability to provide high quality psychosocial support and interventions to older adults experiencing mild to moderate mental health concerns, including low mood, social anxiety, lack of meaning and purpose, or life stress.
- Understanding of the health and wellness impacts of social isolation and loneliness, and the ability to support community connections within a social prescribing framework
- Interest in group work including the development, facilitation, and evaluation of group programs
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills, including an ability to provide encouragement and build confidence through motivational interviewing
- Second language, desirable
What we offer
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. You will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential. You will be part of a dynamic and engaged leadership team with plenty of opportunities for cross collaboration. You will also have access to generous salary packaging, purchase leave and flexible work arrangement options.
What you need to do now
Visit our website at www.merrihealth.org.au to view a copy of the position description. Applications should include a cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria as detailed in the position description. If you have an interest in this position and would like more information, please contact Christina Micallef, Coordinator, Healthy Ageing on 0436 483 787, or email@example.com.
Merri Health will only accept applications that are submitted via our Career Portal.
What else do I need to know
Preferred candidates will be subject to comprehensive reference and pre-employment background checking conducted by Merri Health prior to an offer of employment, including criminal record history check, disability worker exclusion scheme check and other employee screening and credential checks as determined by the position description.
All candidates must have the right to work in Australia. Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people.
We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the LGBTIQA+ community and those living with a disability to apply.