- Eyre and Far North Local Health Network, Ceduna District Health Services, Midwifery Group Practice
- Indicative Total Remuneration: $128,345 – $135,310 p.a – Temporary F/T (up to 10 October 2021) – RN/RM3
Employees classified at this level use their clinical knowledge and experience to provide support services to other Nurse/Midwife Unit Managers and Nursing Directors in nursing/midwifery practice and services in areas including but not limited to staffing methodologies, recruitment and selection, human resource management, financial administration, patient flow, bed and resource management, accreditation and risk management processes and information systems management.
Employees in this role accept accountability for the outcomes of midwifery management practices, for addressing inconsistencies between practice and policy; and for contributing to a safe and positive work culture in the interest of patient/client outcomes. Individual employees accept accountability for their specific span of control or allocated portfolio.
Various practice models may be used to enact this role, including but not limited to: Providing management support to a specific span of wards/units/programs/service;
- Providing management support in a specific work portfolio/s;
- Coordinating and managing projects, programs and/or research to achieve improved patient/client outcomes and/or service delivery within the Midwifery Group Practice;
- Provides local after hours oversight and management of the Midwifery Group Practice, including mentoring of junior staff, staff allocation, operational management of patient/client flow and access, professional responsibility for midwifery staff, staffing skills mix, work health and safety responsibilities and significant events in consultation with the executive on call.
The Ceduna Hospital has 15 acute overnight beds, four day only beds, two dialysis chairs and 38 beds for people requiring high and low level aged care. The GP Plus Health Care Centre Ceduna offers a broad range of health care services including local General Practitioners and visiting medical specialists, Child, Adolescent and Adult Mental Health, Community Health, Dental Health, Home and Community Care, and Allied Health Services.
To be eligible to apply, you must be registered or eligible for registration as a Midwife with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia and who holds, or who is eligible to hold, a current practicing certificate. You will have at least 3 years post registration experience and demonstrated experience in management and leadership roles and experience in managing projects.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Screening/Check and specific immunisation requirements.
Suitably qualified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply and will be given preference as a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and sections 34(2) and 56(2) of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (SA).
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Applications close: 7 February 2021
For further information and to apply visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/careers and search for Job Ref: 746082