- Northern Adelaide Local Health Network – Northern Mental Health – Older Persons Mental Health Service – Elizabeth Vale
- Total Indicative Remuneration: $159,749 p.a. – RN5.2 – Ongoing Full Time
As the Nursing Director – Older Persons Mental Health Service, you will provide strategic and operational leadership, governance, and direction for nursing/midwifery services for Older Persons Mental Health Services, South Australia. The role balances and integrates strategic and operational perspectives within a specified span of appointment.
In this role you will accept accountability for the governance and practice standards of nurses/midwives, the effective implementation of corporate systems to support, evaluate and consistently improve nursing/midwifery practice and healthy work environments, and for the cost effective provision of health services within their span of appointment.
As the Nursing Director your responsibilities will include:
- providing corporate management of services for Older Persons Mental Health Services.
- providing professional nursing advice and leadership to Level 3 and/or 4’s within Older Persons Mental Health Services
- contributing to and implementing the corporate nursing professional practice framework established by the NALHN Executive Director of Nursing;
- implementing the corporate administrative and risk management frameworks within frame of responsibility;
- may be required to manage or oversee an organisational portfolio or long term and/or significant project;
- initiating and/or providing strategic leadership for innovations, systemic change processes, and co-ordination of responses to mental health nursing practice and health service needs within span of control.
- integrating contemporary information and research evidence with personal knowledge and experience to support executive level decision making.
- providing high level advice to Health Units, Community Services Clinical Networks on Older Persons Mental Health Services nursing practice issues.
- co-ordinating the participation of nurses in clinical guideline and protocol development between Health Units and Clinical Networks.
- liaising between Clinical Networks and Health Units in regard to Older Persons Mental Health nursing practices that will achieve enhanced consumer journeys and population health targets.
- contributing to consumer/carer participation strategies in partnership with consumers/carers, in order to maximise consumer focussed care.
- establishing and participating in mechanisms for review of consumer care.
- liaising with relevant internal and external academic and professional committees.
- implementing and monitoring policies regarding continuous quality improvement.
- participating in clinical services planning and review at State level.
- collaboratively developing and monitoring a strategic framework for clinical nursing research and practice development in the South Australian public sector.
To be eligible for this position, you must be registered or eligible for registration as a Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia and hold, or be eligible to hold, a current practicing certificate.
COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement under the Emergency Management (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination) (COVID-19) Directions 2021 to work in SA Health/health care setting.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply. Job Ref: 778520
Applications close: 10 December 2021
For further information and to apply visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/careers and search for Job Ref:778520