- Northern Adelaide Local Health Network – Lyell McEwin Hospital, Elizabeth Vale – Women’s and Children’s
- Total Indicative Remuneration: $93,619 – $119,444 p.a. (pro-rata) – RN/M2C;
- Permanent Part-Time – 24 Hours Per Week
The Clinical Nurse or Midwife Lactation Consultant is responsible for providing expert professional support for the coordination of the Breastfeeding Clinic and the Pasteurised Donor Human Milk (PDHM) quality improvement program in the Special Care Nursery. In this capacity the position will primarily coordinate activities relating to the ongoing partnership between the Red Cross Milk Bank Services and the Lyell McEwin Hospital. This will include but is not limited to the:
- Facilitation and provision of Pasteurised Donor Human Milk (PDHM) according to agreed criteria
- Support of women to establish and maintain lactation and breastfeeding across the Women and Children’s Division, giving priority to premature infants and babies who meet the agreed criteria for PDHM
The Clinical Nurse or Midwife Lactation Consultant will also be responsible for maintaining, updating and developing all documentation and data relevant to the management of PDHM and support of breastfeeding in the Special Care Nursery.
The Clinical Nurse or Midwife Lactation Consultant is accountable for own practice standards, and for activities delegated to others and in this capacity provides guidance and development opportunities for less experienced staff. The Clinical Nurse or Midwife will work closely with other health professional and agencies and health orientated quality improvement programs relevant to breast feeding and PDHM, across the division.
Provide lactation consultant midwifery services in a variety of health service settings which has been consolidated by experience and/or further study with staff at this level developing from competent to proficient practitioners. The successful incumbent will accept accountability for their own practice standards, activities delegated to others and the guidance and development of less experienced staff.
To be eligible for this position, you must be:
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Nurse or Midwife with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia and who holds, or who is eligible to hold, a current practicing certificate.
- Current International Board of Lactation Consultants, Lactation Consultant (IBLCLC) qualification or currently working towards IBLCLC qualification
- Completion of Group 1 requirements for Baby Friendly Health Initiative accreditation
COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement under the Emergency Management (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination) (COVID-19) Directions 2021 to work in SA Health/health care setting.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply. Job Ref: 791605
Applications close: 20 May 2022
For further information and to apply visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/careers and search for Job Ref: 791605