- Northern Adelaide Local Health Network – Modbury Hospital – Aged Care Rehabilitation and Palliative Care
- Total Indicative Remuneration: $129,914 – $137,580 p.a (pro-rata) – RN/M3; – Temporary Full-Time or Part-Time – Up Until 6 May 2022 (Multiple Positions)
The Nurse Consultant will provide clinical nursing/midwifery expertise for specified individual patients/clients and/or groups/populations, and/or provide clinical leadership for an area of practice and may work in a variety of clinical settings. At this level you are an expert within your area and stream of practice and have a significant degree of autonomy and decision making.
Various practice models may be used to enact this role, including but not limited to:
- Primarily providing nursing/midwifery care;
- Providing clinical leadership to nurses/midwives;
- Nurse Practitioner Candidate: Nurses classified at this level are working towards becoming an expert and being able to provide extended practice in their specialist field, within their scope of practice. They develop their capacity for extended practice by increasing their knowledge and skills through ongoing clinical exposure, post graduate qualifications and mentoring, with supervision by an authorised nurse practitioner and/or medical staff.
You will accept accountability for their nursing/midwifery practice, the outcomes of nursing/midwifery practices for the specific patient/client group, the professional advice given, delegations of care made and for addressing inconsistencies between practice and policy.
The Nurse Consultant will be responsible for:
- Integrate contemporary information and evidence with personal experience to support the decision making, innovative thinking and objective analysis that is expected at this level eg Expert clinical knowledge underpins and informs their ability to support, lead and/or provide expert clinical care to improve and optimise nursing/midwifery care.
- Provide direct, expert clinical nursing/midwifery care, select and implement different therapeutic interventions, provide individual case management to a defined population of patients/clients and evaluate progress.
- Contribute expert nursing/midwifery assessment and advice to local clinical teams to achieve integrated nursing/midwifery care within a risk management framework.
- Undertake the nursing/midwifery care role with a significant degree of independent clinical decision making in the area of personal expertise.
- Be required in a multidisciplinary primary health care setting to apply nursing/midwifery expertise to assess clients, select and implement different therapeutic interventions and/or support programs and evaluate patient/client progress.
- Effective complex discharge planning / hospital avoidance through the provision of education, equipment and referral.
Essential Minimum Requirements
Registered or eligible for registration as a Nurse / Midwife with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia and who holds, or who is eligible to hold, a current practicing certificate.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply. Job Ref: 770070
Applications close: 17 September 2021
For further information and to apply visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/careers and search for Job Ref: 770070