- Northern Adelaide Local Health Network – Northern Mental Health – Forensic Mental Health Service – Oakden
- Salary: $114,560 – $119,682 p.a. – RN/M3 – Permanent Full-Time
Nurse Unit Managers use their clinical knowledge and experience to provide support services to both Nurse/Midwife Unit Managers and Nursing Directors in nursing/midwifery practice and services in areas including but not limited to staffing methodologies, recruitment and selection, human resource management, financial administration, patient flow, bed and resource management, accreditation and risk management processes and information systems management.
In this role you will accept accountability for the outcomes of nursing/midwifery management practices, for addressing inconsistencies between practice and policy; and for contributing to a safe and positive work culture in the interest of patient/client outcomes. Individual employees accept accountability for their specific span of control or allocated portfolio. Various practice models may be used to enact this role, including but not limited to:
- Providing management support to a specific span of wards/units/programs/service;
- Providing management support in a specific work portfolio/s;
- Coordinating and managing projects, programs and/or research to achieve improved patient/client outcomes and/or service delivery;
- Providing after hours oversight and management of the health service including staff allocation, operational management of patient/client flow and access, professional responsibility for nursing and midwifery staff, staffing skills mix, work health and safety responsibilities and significant events in consultation with the executive on call.
You must be registered or eligible for registration as a Nurse with the Nursing/Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) and hold a current practicing certificate. You must be enrolled in an approved Mental Health course or hold a qualification in mental health practice.
COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement under the Emergency Management (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination) (COVID-19) Directions 2021 to work in SA Health/health care setting.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
For further information and to apply visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/careers and search for Job Ref: 793409