• Southern Adelaide Local Health Network – Flinders Medical Centre – Rehabilitation, Aged Care and Palliative Care
• Indicative Total Remuneration: $118,903 to $129,359 p.a. – AHP4; $123,346 to $128,860 p.a. – RN3
• Full-Time, Temporary up to 30 October 2021
Joining the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT), as the ACAT Manager you will be responsible for the operational and clinical management of ACAT SALHN. This includes administrative and functional oversight that maintains services to at least 3,000 assessments annually and significant focus on ensuring waiting list management is maintained within the Commonwealth strict performance levels. This position is accountable and responsible for strategic focus, leadership, and governance, including:
- Strategic leadership/direction for the program and advocacy for the role, scope, and standards of the service
- Implementation of workforce and system changes that also include the Commonwealth aged care reform agenda
- Coordination/direction of policy, procedure, and protocol to implement governance requirements, including maintenance of quality systems and meeting reporting requirements
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate the ability to apply strategic and operational direction and lead change across a range of hospital and community-based services. You will have previous experience in the management of a service and multi-disciplinary team and have strong leadership skills to foster growth and positive team culture. You will be responsible for clinical oversight and accountability and have clinical experience with Aged Care and Older people, including experience with complex assessment and decision-making.
For appointment at the AHP4 level, you will hold a degree or equivalent qualification in Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy or Social Work, and be eligible for membership of the relevant professional association. For appointment at the RN3 level, you will be registered or eligible for registration as a Nurse by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia and hold, or be eligible to hold, a current practicing certificate with at least 3 years, full time equivalent, post registration experience.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
For Role Descriptions and contact details see the attached Job Pack.
Applications close: 04/12/2020
For further information and to apply visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/careers and search for Job Ref: 741176