Provide clinical nursing/expertise in Paediatric Vascular Access and provides clinician advice and support across the state.
- Statewide Clinical Support Services – SA Medical Imaging – Women’s and Children’s Hospital
- Paediatric Vascular Access Nurse Consultant RN3
- Total Indicative Remuneration: RN3 – $125,813 – $131,437 p.a.
- Full Time, Ongoing role
Employees classified at this level provide clinical nursing expertise in Paediatric Vascular Access including Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter (PICC) insertion and provides clinician advice and support across the state. Employees classified at this level are experts within their area and stream of practice and have a significant degree of autonomy and decision making.
The PVANC role:
- Primarily provides vascular access service support to the obstetric and paediatric population at the WCH, as well as paediatric vascular support and advice to the LMH and FMC as necessary.
- Provided clinical leadership and support to nurses and midwives;
- Co-ordinates and leads projects and/or programs that contribute clinical expertise to improve patient/client/service outcomes
- Co-ordinate, support and oversee the Fast Access and Advice for Intravenous Routes with Imaging (FAAIRI) Service, a vascular access service for WCH patients who have difficult intravenous access (DIVA)
Employees in this role accept accountability for their nursing practice, the outcomes of nursing practice, the professional advice given, delegations of care made and for addressing inconsistencies between practice and policy.
Must be registered or eligible for registration as a Nurse by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) and who holds, or who is eligible to hold, a current practising certificate and preferably have a good understanding or experience in vascular access delivery to a paediatric population.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and compliant Immunisation screening.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply. Job ref: 763119
Applications close: 16/7/21
For further information and to apply visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/careers and search for Job Ref: 763119