- Yorke and Northern Local Health Network, Yorke and Northern Community Health, Wallaroo/Maitland
- Salary: $94,583 – $101,120 p.a (pro rata) – Temporary Part Time (up to 31 March 2023) – RN/M2A
- Multiple Positions Available
Joining Yorke and Northern Community Health as Better Care in the Community Nurse, you will:
– Provide education and support to inpatients with cardiac, respiratory or diabetes issues.
– Provide ongoing support and education to outpatients.
– Provide face to face education and support assessments and offer an 8 week cardiac/pulmonary rehabilitation group.
– Advocate for healthy lifestyle choices and work closely with allied health professionals to support clients achieve their health goals.
– Promote continuity and consistency of care in collaboration with other AN/MUM and the Nurse/Midwife Unit Manager or equivalent;
– Assist the Nurse/Midwife Unit Manager or equivalent in the implementation of practice changes; and
– Assist the Nurse/Midwife Unit Manager or equivalent in undertaking ward/unit/service management responsibilities, eg. Performance management processes, recruitment, staffing, leave management, rostering, work allocation and attendance management; financial and supplies planning and monitoring.
Better Care in the Community is a Chronic Disease Hospital Avoidance Program that was established as part of the GP Plus Services Strategy for CHSALHN. It is a key health reform model encouraging a shift of resources/services from in-hospital to community settings to better support people with chronic conditions and reduce the number of potentially avoidable emergency department presentations, hospital admissions, and decrease length of stay in hospital. We have a small team of nurses working across Wallaroo and Maitland supplying both Chronic Disease management but also Rehabilitation Services. Our nurses attend the Acute Wards daily providing education and support to inpatients with Cardiac, Pulmonary or Diabetes. We continue to provide support to outpatients with chronic disease to via phone contact, face to face education/support assessments and offer an 8 week Cardiac/Pulmonary Rehabilitation within local exercise facilities. Our nurses are advocates for healthy lifestyle choices and work closely with allied health professionals to support clients to achieve health goals.
This is a multiple positions available part time vacancy, hours of work to be negotiated and salary will be adjusted according to actual hours worked.
In addition to the annual salary package we also offer salary sacrifice benefits, employer superannuation contributions and leave loading
A career in the Yorke and Northern Local Health Network offers many great lifestyle benefits, including diverse job prospects and the opportunity to fast track your skills and career, not to mention your choice of scenery from farm, ocean, vineyards and the Southern Flinders ranges. View the below videos for more information about working for Yorke and Northern Local Health Network
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Screening/Check and specific immunisation requirements. COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement under the Public Health Act 2011 (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination) (COVID-19) to work in SA Health/health care setting.
Suitably qualified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply and will be given preference as a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and sections 34(2) and 56(2) of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (SA).
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Applications close: 12 August 2022
For further information and to apply visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/careers and search for Job Ref: 794307