- Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) – C3 – $10,946 – $13, 683 AUD p/m
- 12 + 12 month role
- Based in Funafuti, Tuvalu
COVID-19 has exposed critical gaps in the health sector and put added pressure on a small and relatively inexperienced health professional cadre. Tuvalu’s Health sector provides basic healthcare services through outpatient and inpatient services with over 40% of its funding used to refer patients for treatment overseas under the TMTS. This scheme has become a major budget issue impacting the quality of basic health care services as resources are diverted from preventative healthcare services and infrastructure development to sustain such a scheme.
With these challenges the Government of Tuvalu has requested support to coordinate Princess Margaret Hospital’s day to day operations and build the capacity of a local counterpart. Australia is funding the Hospital Management Adviser to support the Ministry and improve the efficiency, equity and quality of health care services in Tuvalu.
This role will be accountable to, and managed by the Chief Executive Officer.
This role is expected to commence in January 2021 for a period of 12 months, with a possible 12 month extension
Please note there are special COVID-19 provisions with this position, please read the Information for Applicants – available on https://www.pactam2.com/ carefully to understand those conditions.
- Improve hospital administration and operational efficiency within Tuvalu’s Health System, specifically the Princess Margaret Hospital
- Contribute to the effective management of Tuvalu’s health services and the achievement of priority health outcomes
- Develop Operational Management Capacity within the Hospital Executive team
- Integrate and provide advice and guidance on cross-cutting issues, such as child protection, gender equality, disability in line with relevant Australian aid policies and other appropriate standards
- Relevant qualifications in health administration, medicine, nursing, or related health disciplines.
- It would also be advantageous to have qualifications in accounting or financial management
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in hospital administration and management, preferably in a development/resourced constrained setting.
- A detailed understanding of COVID-19 issues
- Demonstrated financial management skills within the hospital administration field
- Demonstrated experience working in a rural or resource-constrained setting
- Demonstrated ability to approach issues in hospital reform in a non-patronising, pragmatic and strategic manner
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team to achieve organizational priorities and build institutional and individual capacity (particularly in a cross-cultural setting);
- Previous experience living and working in a developing country (particularly in the Pacific or small island states) is desirable but not essential.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to engage at senior levels of government and partners, build and maintain networks, provide advice and communicate effectively (both written and verbal) on sensitive issues with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Remuneration in line with the ARF – C3
- Mobility and special location allowances
- Flights, medicals, and insurance
- Pre-departure briefing and in-country orientation
- Ongoing assignment monitoring and support
Scope Global – Engaged in the present to develop the future
Scope Global is a specialist project management company with people as the focus of its program delivery. We have a history of successfully managing projects in the international development and international education sectors.
The Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism Phase 2 (PACTAM2) is an Australian Government initiative, funded through the Australian aid program and managed by Scope Global. It places highly skilled Advisers with Partner Governments in participating Pacific Island countries to build capacity and to meet identified human resource needs. If you are interested in other PACTAM2 opportunities and would like to receive updates, please register your interest.
Scope Global recruitment operates under equal employment opportunity principles and laws. We encourage appropriately qualified and experienced people to apply regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, physical ability or beliefs.
Applications will only be accepted via our online application system. For more detailed information on the position and to apply online, please visit https://www.pactam2.com/
Applications close midnight ACST 23rd November 2020. No late applications will be accepted.
For more information contact a member of our team at recruitment.PACTAM2@scopeglobal.com
PACTAM2 love to hear from applicants across the region