- Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) – C3 – $10,946 – $13, 683 p/m + mobility, remote location and accommodation allowances
- 12 + 12 month role (Long Term Adviser Position)
- Based in Tuvalu
Australia is supporting the Government of Tuvalu’s Ministry of Health, Gender Affairs and Social Welfare as it responds to COVID-19 and implements the Draft National Health Reform Strategy 2020-24. The Health Department’s aim is to achieve quality health services to the people of Tuvalu, working in accordance with the policies and strategies of the department.
The Government of Tuvalu has requested support for all levels of nursing services and particularly for a new Chief Nursing Officer who will need direction and assistance in terms of planning and executing an efficacious way forward to strengthen nursing services in Tuvalu for the future.
You will be accountable to the newly appointed Chief Nursing Officer.
This role is expected to commence in January 2021 for a period of 12 months, with a possible 12 month extension
Please note there are special COVID-19 provisions with this position, please read the Information for Applicants – available on https://www.pactam2.com/ carefully to understand those conditions.
- Provide support which develops and mobilises nursing and other clinical leaders to successfully achieve clinical, operational and strategic priorities of the Ministry of Health
- Contribute to the effective management of Tuvalu’s health services and the achievement of priority health outcomes
- Integrate and provide advice and guidance on cross-cutting issues, such as child protection, gender equality, disability in line with relevant Australian aid policies and other appropriate standards.
- A Registered Nurse and Post graduate qualifications in Nursing Leadership and Management
- Demonstrated clinical knowledge and significant post registration experience, especially in the field of nursing management and policy development at a Hospital level.
- A detailed understanding of COVID-19 issues and importance role that infection prevention and control plays across all nursing practices.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and strategic thinking, analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team to achieve organizational priorities and build institutional and individual capacity (particularly in a resource constrained cross-cultural setting)
- Demonstrated experience supporting the need to continuously review and further develop core competency standards in line with continuing education and skills development to ensure relevancy and currency of nursing standards and practice.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate monitoring, evaluation, learning and research into nursing practice.
- Demonstrated ability to approach issues in hospital and nursing reform in a pragmatic, non-patronising and strategic manner
- Previous experience living and working in a remote rural setting or developing country (particularly in the Pacific or small island states) is desirable but not essential.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to engage at senior levels of government and partners, build and maintain networks, provide advice and communicate effectively (both written and verbal) on sensitive issues with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Remuneration in line with the ARF – C3
- Mobility and special location allowances
- Flights, medicals, and insurance
- Pre-departure briefing and in-country orientation
- Ongoing assignment monitoring and support
Scope Global – Engaged in the present to develop the future
Scope Global is a specialist project management company with people as the focus of its program delivery. We have a history of successfully managing projects in the international development and international education sectors.
The Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism Phase 2 (PACTAM2) is an Australian Government initiative, funded through the Australian aid program and managed by Scope Global. It places highly skilled Advisers with Partner Governments in participating Pacific Island countries to build capacity and to meet identified human resource needs. If you are interested in other PACTAM2 opportunities and would like to receive updates, please register your interest.
Scope Global recruitment operates under equal employment opportunity principles and laws. We encourage appropriately qualified and experienced people to apply regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, physical ability or beliefs.
Applications will only be accepted via our online application system. For more detailed information on the position and to apply online, please visit https://www.pactam2.com/
Applications close midnight ACST November 23rd 2020. No late applications will be accepted.
For more information contact a member of our team at recruitment.PACTAM2@scopeglobal.com
PACTAM2 love to hear from applicants across the region