About the Opportunity
Urapuntja Health Service Aboriginal Corporation (UHSAC) is seeking two highly skilled and enthusiastic Registered Nurses for permanent contracts at our central health precinct located 270 kilometres NE of Alice Springs. Immerse yourself in aboriginal culture and experience while providing the highest standard of nursing care to the First Nations people of Utopia Homelands. 2 for 1 applications (partners/couples) are encouraged and welcomed. Comprehensive remuneration and benefits including accommodation provided.
UHSAC offers some of the most comprehensive employment benefits in Australia:
- Base Salary starting at $111,286
- additional 24% – 32.5% pa on call allowance (paid on full-time hours)
- up to 8% in retention bonuses
- yearly salary increases
- paid travel allowance (as required)
- comprehensive salary packaging which may include everyday living; meals and entertainment; mortgage and loans; electronic devices; and superannuation
- 6 weeks annual leave per annum
- 4 weeks remote area leave per annum
- 12 rostered days off per annum
- professional development and 2 weeks study leave per annum
- paid relocation assistance
- employee assistance program
Free Accommodation in the Urapuntja Health Precinct
- comfortable 1 or 2 bedroom fully furnished house situated in our beautiful and quiet Ghost Gum country
- free mobile broadband and landline phone service
- free utilities including power and water
- fenced yard (pets permitted)
Employee entitlements are subject to the Urapuntja Health Services Enterprise Agreement 2018-2022.
To be considered for a Registered Nurse role with UHSAC you must:
- hold registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse
- have sound and well established primary health care skills
- participate in the on-call roster to meet community emergency needs
- demonstrate sound understanding of the challenges a registered nurse faces; working and living in a remote area
- have demonstrated ability to practice in a culturally safe and appropriate manner
- respect for Aboriginal culture and/or the willingness to engage and learn
- demonstrate ability to maintain electronic patient databases such as Communicare
- hold current Australian ‘C’ Class drivers licence with demonstrated skills to drive on unsealed roads
- demonstrate strong respect and support for fellow workers, the desire to step up when required and work as a team player
- undertake other responsibilities as reasonably requested by the Clinic Manager in accordance with your skills and qualification.
National Police Clearance (within 3 months), approved COVID-19 vaccination and NT Ochre Card (working with children) is mandatory for these positions – organisation will fund
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
About Urapuntja Health Service Aboriginal Corporation
Urapuntja Health Service Aboriginal Corporation is the not-for-profit administrative body responsible for the health, social and emotional wellbeing service delivery to the Anmatyerre and Alyawarra speaking people living on the Angarapa and Alyawarra Land Trusts. UHSAC provides these services to a population of approximately 600 to 1000 permanent residents.
UHSAC is located 270 kilometres NE of Alice Springs along the Sandover Highway, and delivers outreach services to 16 outclinics spread across >3,000 sq/km. UHSAC is located 270 kilometres NE of Alice Springs along the Sandover Highway, and delivers outreach services to 16 outclinics spread across >3,000 sq/km. It has a modern central health clinic incorporating social and emotional wellbeing centre/ precinct with consultation and training rooms; mens and womens centre; garage; gym; recreation areas; commercial kitchen plus much more.