· Yorke and Northern Local Health Network, Mental Health, Port Pirie
· Indicative Total Remuneration: $124,301 – $131,635 p.a (pro rata) – Temp P/T (48 hours p/fn, up to 30 June 2021) – RN/RM3
The Mental Health Nurse Consultant – Clinical Care and Coordination program will:
· Provide clinical mental health services to support the needs of people with severe and complex mental illness who are best managed in primary health care
· Improve care by providing service coordination, regular follow up and review, access to support and compliance with treatment plans
· Promote the use of a single multi-agency care plan to help link providers across multiple services involved in an individual’s care
· Ensure that referral pathways are in place to enable and support clients to seamlessly transition between services as their needs change
· Contribute to addressing the physical health inequities of individuals with severe mental illness within the region
· Support GPs in their key role in assessment and support engagement between GPs and Psychiatrists where required
· Support step up/step down and post discharge activities with state funded Local Hospital Network (LHN) mental health services
· Coordinate support between GPs, state funded LHN and national NDIS assessment and referral to help match people to the service pathway which best meets their needs; and
· Support clients to effectively manage their symptoms and avoid unnecessary hospitalisation
To be eligible to apply you will be Registered or eligible for registration as a Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia and who holds, or who is eligible to hold, a current practicing certificate, and hold a Graduate Diploma in Mental Health Nursing (or equivalent). You will be a Registered Nurse with at least 3 years post registration experience. You will have demonstrated expertise in the mental health nursing practice in accordance with the relevant standards and demonstrated experience in the supervision and leadership of multidisciplinary staff, student nurses, enrolled nurses and less experienced registered nurses and/or midwives. You will also have experience working with Aboriginal consumers.
This is a part time vacancy, working 48 hours per fortnight and salary will be adjusted according to actual hours worked.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Screening/Check and specific immunisation requirements.
Suitably qualified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply and will be given preference as a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and sections 34(2) and 56(2) of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (SA).
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Applications close: 3rd December 2020
For further information and to apply visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/careers and search for Job Ref: 741300